Barolo Bricco Manescotto 2017 Giovanni Corino, Red wines

Giovanni Corino
0,75 Litri

45,90

In stock

agriculture

nation

region

gradation

year

denomination

vineyards

Description

Barolo Bricco Manescotto 2017 Giovanni Corino

Variety: Nebbiolo 100%

Ruby red color with shades of brick red.

The nose has aromas of fruit, with cherries and sour cherries to excel over dark colored berries. Followed by hints of flowers with the classic violet and withered red rose petals. The earth and its scents anticipate tobacco, nutmeg and vanilla. Overall the scents are beautiful and inviting.

On the palate it is conspicuous, with a dense dialogue between hardness and softness. Sustained the texture of tannins, which accompany the good acidity and adequate minerality. The pseudo-heat of the alcohol content together with the glycerines bring substance and matter. Persistent in the finish, where aromas of plum and sweet spices spread.

The Giovanni Corino winery designs an excellent Barolo capable of expressing all the potential of Nebbiolo in La Morra.

Barolo Bricco Manescotto 2017 Giovanni Corino

Nebbiolo grapes come exclusively from the Manescotto Cru, in the Municipality of La Morra, where the soil is medium clayey and with the presence of limestone and sand.

The training system is espalier with guyot pruning, with a yield per hectare between 55 and 60 quintals.

After the manual harvest, the alcoholic fermentation takes place in the rot macerator, at a controlled temperature for a period of about a week.

Decanted into stainless steel containers, where it is clarified by decantation and fermentation ends until the sugars are completely exhausted.

Refines in French oak barrels, 35% new and the remaining 65% used for 24 months. It is then decanted into steel containers, in which it remains, to mix, for another 6 months.

Additional information

SKU: WIN-70443
Weight 1.5 kg
cap

size

district

Prizes and awards

Wine il vino 2017 92 / 100