Sale!

Alto Adige Pinot Nero Riserva Mazon 2014 Hofstatter, Offers, Red wines

-19%

31,00 25,00

In stock

agriculture

denomination

nation

region

vineyards

year

gradation

Description

Alto Adige Pinot Nero Riserva Mazon 2014 Hofstatter

Variety: Pinot Noir 100%

The grapes that go to create the Pinot Nero Riserva Mazon are grown on the famous plateau of Mazon in the municipality of Egna.

Soil: it’s composed of clay, limestone and porphyry.

After the harvest, carried out manually, the grapes are separated from the stems by 75% and for the remaining 25% are poured entirely into the barrels. The alcoholic fermentation lasts about ten days, with repeated punching down and pumping over, to have the must always in direct contact with the skins.

Filtration is carried out by means of two careful decanting, and then matures for a year in small oak barrels. The mass is assembled in steel containers and refined further for six months in large oak barrels. Finally, a year in the bottle.

Alto Adige Pinot Nero Riserva Mazon 2014 Hofstatter

Ruby red in color, with garnet shadows.

It has extremely typical aromas of undergrowth, of small fruits: red currant and raspberry. Sweet cherry and spices. Absolutely representative of the variety and the area from which it comes.

The palate it has coherent and well developed softness, for a rich and gentle volume. at the same time it has a well defined structure, for a panorama of hardness that sustain it now and over time. On the back smell aromas of vanilla, nutmeg and berries.

On the whole it can be defined as classic, because it clearly shows the vine from which the wine derives, and identifies with authority elegance the plateau of Mazon.

In the Mazon upland, the particularly favorable microclimate grants an enviable Terroir, so that from those vineyards come the best Italian Pinot Noir.

Accompanies hors d’oeuvres with game salami, rich first courses, such as pappardelle with hare and truffle ragù. Also excellent with braised beef, or with venison fillet and blueberry sauce.

Additional information

SKU:WIN-29783
Weight1.5 kg
cap

vineyard

size
district

Prizes and awards

Wine il vino2014 90 / 100